Sunday, April 09, 2006
9:10 pm ♥ heh heh.
The Absurdity of EnglishWe'll begin with a box, and the plural is boxes,
but the plural of ox became oxen not oxes.
You may find a lone mouse or a nest full of mice,
yet the plural of house is houses, not hice.If the plural of man is always called men,
why shouldn't the plural of pan be called pen?
If I spoke of my foot and show you my feet,
and I give you a boot, would a pair be called beet?
If one is a tooth and a whole set are teeth,
why shouldn't the plural of booth be called beeth?Then the masculine pronouns are he, his and him,
but imagine the feminine, she, shis and shim.Let's face it - English is a crazy language.There is no egg in eggplant nor ham in hamburger;
neither apple nor pine in pineapple.
English muffins weren't invented in England.
A guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig.We take English for granted.If teachers taught, why didn't preachers praught?
If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?Sometimes I think all the folks who grew up speaking English
should be committed to an asylum for the verbally insane.We ship by truck but send cargo by ship.
We have noses that run and feet that smell.
And how can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same,
while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites?You have to marvel at the unique lunacy of a language
in which your house can burn up as it burns down,
in which you fill in a form by filling it out,
and in which an alarm goes off by going on.
So if Father is Pop, how come Mother isn't Mop
And if Mum is Mummy, then Daddy must be Dummy!!Bo liao right. :P
and the download link is dead.. must be removed by mediacorp again LAH.
anyone uploaded them or something? i wanted to dl some songs today but all gone. ARGH!
anyway. off to do hmwk. bye bye. :D

Sunday, April 09, 2006
9:10 pm ♥ heh heh.
The Absurdity of EnglishWe'll begin with a box, and the plural is boxes,
but the plural of ox became oxen not oxes.
You may find a lone mouse or a nest full of mice,
yet the plural of house is houses, not hice.If the plural of man is always called men,
why shouldn't the plural of pan be called pen?
If I spoke of my foot and show you my feet,
and I give you a boot, would a pair be called beet?
If one is a tooth and a whole set are teeth,
why shouldn't the plural of booth be called beeth?Then the masculine pronouns are he, his and him,
but imagine the feminine, she, shis and shim.Let's face it - English is a crazy language.There is no egg in eggplant nor ham in hamburger;
neither apple nor pine in pineapple.
English muffins weren't invented in England.
A guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig.We take English for granted.If teachers taught, why didn't preachers praught?
If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?Sometimes I think all the folks who grew up speaking English
should be committed to an asylum for the verbally insane.We ship by truck but send cargo by ship.
We have noses that run and feet that smell.
And how can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same,
while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites?You have to marvel at the unique lunacy of a language
in which your house can burn up as it burns down,
in which you fill in a form by filling it out,
and in which an alarm goes off by going on.
So if Father is Pop, how come Mother isn't Mop
And if Mum is Mummy, then Daddy must be Dummy!!Bo liao right. :P
and the download link is dead.. must be removed by mediacorp again LAH.
anyone uploaded them or something? i wanted to dl some songs today but all gone. ARGH!
anyway. off to do hmwk. bye bye. :D


♥ xe. yourstruly.
I am a camwhore.
I am a perfectionist!
I am a mag-hag.
I like lizards.
I like well-dressed boys!
I like my pink lapppppppppy.
I invent words.
I doodle on my tees.
I make my own blogskin.
I am xethegreat. :D

XE THE GREAT
virgorian.
1ST SEPTEMBER 1990
EX HILDAN!
EMAIL//
FRIENDSTER//
LIVEJOURNAL//
ALT LIVEJOURNAL
YOU LIKE ME!
YOU DONT LIKE ME.
I HEART. ♥
ANYTHING WASABI, KIMCHI, MUSHROOM, CHICKEN, SEAWEED, NOODLES & TEA! :D
I do have some kind of a profound interest in laughing like im on crack, singing at the top of my lungs, painting my nails in {odd but} pretty colours, randomly friendster/livejournal/blog-hop, write absurd lyrics to songs and sing to people at random places, wearing mismatch outfits, smelling my lipgloss, crimping my hair, playing staring competition with my cats, sitting in my wardrobe and running around the house in sky-high heels.
So basically, I'm still sane, lah. :D
♥